Tuesday, October 19, 2010

the little things.

It doesn't take much to make me happy. A good cup of coffee, the sound of the screen door slamming in the summer, laundry blowing on the line, reading a book by the woodstove--all these things bring a smile to my face and give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Check out my new coffee mug! Oh how HAPPY it makes me!!! I don't know what it is but there is just something so cozy about walking out of a coffee shop with the little styrofoam cup warming your hands (especially on a day as raw and cold as this one). I've always loved it BUT always felt a tad guilty about the wasted money and even worse about throwing the cup in the trash--not very "earth friendly". Now I can pretend I just walked out of the coffee shop but without the guilt!
I LOVE IT!! Like I said, it doesn't take much to make me happy.

I think there is a lot to be said about appreciating the little things in life. It can get us through those hectic days with a smile. So what little things make
YOU happy? What gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling? Do tell.

Well here's to the little things! Enjoy your day...I'm off to make some decaf to fill my mug.
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I saw those mugs the other day too! I almost bought one! Let's see, little things...

    yes, smelling the laundry after it hanging on the line! finding a beautiful pair of country style curtains that would normally cost 30.00/pair for .50/pair! been loving being able to sit and drink hot tea or coffee while studying!

    ReplyDelete