Monday, May 2, 2011

dining room. pecker. ruined clothes.

Drum roll please....
The dining room is finished!
{actually there is some detail work left
but it's good enough to share some photos}


Our little 'snack' hutch
Remember the green paint?
3 coats later...
and I love it.


The built in corner cupboard.
Again, love.



The bay window.
This thing was a mother to paint.
And although you can't see the wonderful paint job
just look at the view
we get to enjoy during dinner.



The front of our home.
We totally love this house.
It feels like home.
It is the perfect home for us.
I feel like I'm living in a sweet little {er, big}
farm house -- totally me.

Speaking of farms..Meet Pecker.
Our sweet little girls have named
one of our chickens, Pecker.
Oh dear.
Today Ruby came running inside
screaming and I mean screaming,
"PECKERS OUT! PECKERS OUT!"

What the neighbors must think.


So there is a peek of our progress!
Andy and I were so thrilled with the finished dining room.
We were smiling, high fiving
And then..
we realized our dryer ruined 3 loads
YES 3 LOADS of laundry.
I didn't know if I should cry,
kick the dryer or
go sit in the dining room and enjoy our accomplishment
and worry about the dryer {and all our ruined clothes} tomorrow.

I'll cry tomorrow.
:)




9 comments:

  1. beautiful... just beautiful Sarah! :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! My Dad works on dryers if you need his number..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the Pecker thing is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy reading your blogs! Congrats on your new home! Sorry about your dryer problem. We happen to be selling our whirlpool dryer..if you're interested let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with your dining room. love it! i especially love that chandalier...i am glad it made the picture. ;) mis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL for the pecker story!! Beautiful job, Sarah! I know you are enjoying all your hard work. :)

    ReplyDelete