Tuesday, May 10, 2011

brutal honesty

What a gorgeous day.
This weather has really lifted my spirits
{the weather and my chandelier;)}.

I was laying on my lounge chair this afternoon
hoping to get a little color
as I enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my face.

I'm just coming out of the baby blues,
I'm still adjusting to three kiddos,
and I'm not happy what so ever about my 'new' body.

As I laid in the sun
I was feeling really good.
Better than I've felt in a while.
And then..

"Why do you have that big pimple in your mustache?" - Ruby

I haven't had time to fit a waxing in but rest assured I called and I'm going tomorrow.

Sigh.

Gotta love the innocent honesty of children.
Or not.



5 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous, and blessed to have a great husband, and 3 beautiful children oh, and a big beautiful house! And trust me I still hate my body, you will be back in shape in no time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure, if and had Andy been present, his immediate response would have been "And no more beautiful upper lip has there ever been, upon which a moustache grew upon". Look at the bright side...at least there wasn't a wart in your beard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is hilarious – i laughed out loud. but not laughing at you, with you. ;) (i hope you laughed a little at it!) besides, i agree with the others – you're beautiful! so no worries.
    my baby is not old enough, but my husband has an uncanny way of saying the wrong thing at times...just a big child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am sorry to say that made me laugh. Ahhhh, kids. Being a raven-haired girl myself, I feel your pain. You can buy Zip wax at BBand Beyond-so easy to use & do at home. From your pics on the right, I am pretty sure most women would give their eye teeth to look like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh No! lol
    It's amazing how a little vitamin D can make us feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete