Tuesday, November 18, 2014

goodbye world.

So maybe my title is a bit dramatic.
Maybe it should say goodbye facebook world.
I like to be dramatic though.
And I'm only saying goodbye for a short time
(at least I think).

God is calling me out of my comfort zone.

My comfort zone has always been on the stage.
With a microphone.
It feels like my home.
Where I belong.

On Sunday as we gathered with our church family to worship,
my heart ached to be on that stage leading.
But God said, 
"not right now, Sarah."

*sob*

Instead he is calling me to the most uncomfortable thing I can imagine.
SILENCE.
Just looking at that word sends a mild panic attack through my body.
Silence is so boring.
It's lonely.
Did I say boring?

I like fun!
I like parties!
And dancing!
And silliness!
I like small talk and chit chat!
I like updating my status and interacting with you all!

But alas.
God is asking me to retreat into solitude.
I think this will truly be one of my greatest tests!
It may be one of Andy's too since he'll have to hear all of the things I usually share with you!
#PrayForAndy

I'll leave my page up for a week so you can all digest this shocking news.
Or because I'm just not quite ready and I'm stalling...

I plan to be logged off until after Christmas.
So. Here are a few things I would have probably shared if I was on facebook:

*We are hosting thanksgiving in one hour and I'm still in my pajamas!
(oh wait. that was my status last thanksgiving.)

*10 years ago today our beautiful daughter was born. Where has the time gone?
Happy Birthday Sophie!
   ~insert adorable photo~

*Great night at the gym flipping some tires and doing some pushups!
 ~insert badass photo of myself~

*Photo of our Christmas tree

oh that reminds me...

*For the sake of our new simple life we will not be doing Christmas cards this year so:
Merry Christmas from The Bylers!

I think that covers the major events.

Although I'm hesitant and afraid
I know the Lord only wants the absolute best for me.
There is a reason behind of all of this and I know it is good.
Because my God is good.
I'm excited to see whatever it is he wants to show me.

So long my friends!

Well...in a week.... 








1 comment:

  1. As you know, I love this! It will be a good time to realign and focus on Him (and maybe gain clarity on the next step!) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete